Tuesday 11 February 2014

The journey to independence

From sleeping in a damaged tent on a campsite that was closing down to - in desperation - in my car with my 2 cats in supermarket carparks... to finally a room in a shared house where I will not have council officers, sheltered housing wardens or anyone else breathing down my neck!





Thanks to an interview with the local newspaper the council had finally taken notice of my plight and placed me in a B&B in mid November.

An attempt* in December to find a caravan to rent where I could take my trailer with me...

(*that went sour when I realised the filth I was supposed to put up with at £110 per week!!)

Then attempting to find an alternative... informing the council on Tuesday I had found a room in a shared house but that a cash deposit was required... no response from my housing officer but the one who checks on the 'inmates' at the B&B told me on the Friday that they could have helped!!!



After one attempt to find a room 

No comments:

Post a Comment